Effective Date: March 2016
I recognise and respect the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors and prospective users and members of my website, in particular, information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
The Personal Information I Collect and Hold
- Types of personal information I may collect through your use of my website include your geographic location, name, gender, date of birth, physical addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
- I may collect the personal information in the following ways:
- When you subscribe to my free products or purchase a product from me;
- When you email me directly and when you use my website or online communities to send or upload messages, photographs, comments, questions or suggestions;
- When you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, chat rooms and other services to which you are able to post information on my website or online community; and
- When you process payments via PayPal or any other electronic means.
Use of Your Personal Information
- I may use your personal information to respond to your enquiries, fulfil your requests, provide paid and unpaid services, complete transactions you have requested and to send you information about my services inclusive of email campaigns.
- I do not collect your credit card information for any purpose. I will invoice you for services provided and payment can be made via direct debit or PayPal. I cannot guarantee the security of banking institutions or PayPal and cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of such institutions and PayPal. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, I advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement/policy.
- Your personal information may be disclosed in circumstances where I have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with my rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also,I may disclose personal information when I believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- I have a public blog on my website. Any information that you include in a comment on my blog may be read, collected and used by anyone. If your personal information appears on my blog and you would like it to be removed, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I am unable to remove your personal information, I will contact you to let you know the reason why.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
- I strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to my website, and I review and update my security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure or safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorised intrusion into my system that in any way affects you, I will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action that was taken to alleviate the breach. I cannot be held accountable for any loss suffered as a result of such breach.
- I use all reasonable endeavours to maintain the security of my website and to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including using a reputable email service provider. Physical storage of personal information is in secure locations.
Sharing of Your Personal Information with Third Parties
- I use an email service provider known as “MailChimp”. MailChimp provides an online platform that I can use to create, send and manage emails. My email subscriber list is stored on a secure MailChimp server. MailChimp does not, under any circumstances, sell my email list, contact you directly, market to you or share my list with any other third party, unless it is required by law to do so. Please visit http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy for more information.
- Any contractors who provide services related to my information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by me. However, I will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information, including unauthorised access through my email service provider.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent unless you agree to such disclosure.
Links to other sites
- I may provide links, for your convenience, to websites outside of my website, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under my control, and I cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to my website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, I advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement/policy.
- My services are not generally directed towards persons under the age of 18 years of age. However, some (not all) of my content and coaching may be appropriate for adolescents aged 15 and over, such content generally relating to goal setting and inspiration. Any person engaging my services under the age of 18, must obtain the written consent of a parent or guardian and which consent can be emailed to email@example.com.
Correcting your Personal Information
- I take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information I collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. Any emails that I send to you via MailChimp will contain an “unsubscribe” link which also includes a method to change or update your personal information.
- I ask that if there are any errors in your personal Information that you keep me up-to-date with changes to personal information. To request access to or correction of personal information I may hold about you, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If I become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with my website, I will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns. Please email any concerns to me at email@example.com.